Honest and transparent journalism about traveling and living in Peru.
Peru Insider is your genuine resource about relocating and traveling to Peru.
We are dedicated to bringing you not only to show the best of Peru travel but also aim to deliver transparent and honest journalism about life in Peru. Our networks’ main goal is to cut through the misinformation about Peru without a paywall.
Meet Trisha Velarmino, Global Editor-in-chief for Insider Media
Trisha lived in Peru for 1.5 years with the hopes of only visiting for 6 months. She obtained a Peruvian residency visa and ended up traveling the whole country and exploring beautiful Peru!
Trisha Velarmino, is an award-winning journalist who produced TV and radio shows for media outlets like CNN and BBC.
She’s given TEDx talks about creating genuine content and making the Internet a better place for learning and development. Trisha runs a BIPOC Creator Fellowship that aims to bring emerging voices from less privileged countries to contribute to the Insider goal: a more diverse, genuine, and honest Internet space.
The Peru Insider Mission
Our mission is to help you travel and relocate to Peru with information from real people. Our team is a mix of Peruvians, Americans, Asians, Europeans, and many other nationalities who fell in love and decided to move to Peru. With this, you can assure that all our content is based on our own experiences.
Peru Insider has hundreds of journalists and experts who produce articles, create content, and talk about subjects that cut through misinformation about Peru including questions you might not even know how to ask.
As a generation of content creators and journalists, our editorial style is to provide a deep dive into many topics concerning Peru like culture and expat life. Although we are foreigners in Peru, we have over a decade of living here and provide a clear context of the current events in Peru.
We also prioritize covering what other websites about Peru don’t cover. For example, our #SupportLocal section aims to find the most authentic local tours in Peru by traveling the country and really searching for those who are in need of free online advertising. We aim to amplify unique voices through our editorial ethics and guidelines.
Gentrification is a big issue in Peru and many communities on the Internet blame, wealthy foreigners for moving in to build real estate and investment properties without following the zoning laws. But there are also many rich local investors (if not, maybe more than foreign).
Peru Insider is a part of Insider Media Group operating under Concepts and Consulting International LLC, a modern media company founded in Bern, Switzerland. We have a local office in all our global networks. Currently, we are also in Mexico.
What to expect from Peru Insider
- Our content is made from our audience’s request: many blogs are motivated to create content by high-ranking Google keywords. Here at Peru Insider, we focus on our reader’s needs. Our content thrives on your questions about Peru so feel free to send us a message if you have something you want to clarify about Peru.
- We have a private community. Apart from our paid services, we answer questions from readers FOR FREE. Join our Facebook community and get genuine answers from our administrators who are based in Peru.
- We really travel around Peru. We don’t use other people’s media and just publish about destinations we have not been to. Our pool of journalists is dedicated to doing their own content. We write our articles, we film our own videos, and we take our own photos.
- Our reporting is easily understandable. We aim to deliver and publish content that all our audience would understand. You can digest our content even if you have zero ideas about Peru.
- We are crazily detailed. We treat all our articles and content targeted to people who have never been to Peru and want to understand everything from scratch.
- Our identities are a big part of our work. We are all expats and foreigners across our Insider network so we feel very privileged to be living in Peru and being able to do our transparent and honest journalism. Our editorial ethics and guidelines will give you an idea of how we push ourselves to be responsible expatriates – it is the center of the work that we do at Peru Insider.
How you can support our work
YOU are the center of our content creation initiatives and we want to thank all the readers and subscribers who continuously support us! There is no paywall on our website and we don’t charge our readers to access our helpful content.
If you are a new consumer of our content (and you love it), you can support us by:
- Consume our content: use the search box and stay on our website. Make us your resource about Peru travel, news, and updates. If you don’t find what you are looking for, write to us and we will create that content, especially for you.
- Donating to our coffee fund: Our readers give financial gifts at the amount of their choosing. You can donate any amount to our coffee fund to help us continue creating original content.
- Advertise on Peru Insider: For inquiries about advertising or listing your business on Peru Insider, you may e-mail [email protected]